Allison Parker, Regent
Laura Kay Bryant Fitzpatrick, Vice Regent
Julia Riggs, Chaplain
Regina Free, Recording Secretary
Laura Kay Bryant Fitzpatrick, Treasurer
Carol Boney, Registrar
Ann Honan, Historian
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
HISTORY OF THE CHAPTER
Captain Philip Buckner Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution was founded 1925 in Augusta, Kentucky, by Mrs. Mary Armstrong Lauderbach, daughter of Prof. A.C. & Lucy Armstrong, both of Augusta College, and a direct descendant of Phillip Buckner. Charter members numbered 22.
Captain Phillip Buckner, an Englishman, settled in Caroline County, Virginia, where he married and was Issuing Commissary during the Revolutionary War, for which service he received a patent of land in Kentucky County, Virginia, of which Bracken County is now a part.
He brought his family, negroes, and several neighbors from Virginia, and settled along the Ohio River, giving land for the town of Augusta, incorporated in 1797. He specified the lots for the school and courthouse, which were the first in the county.
Captain Buckner built the first brick house in Augusta. He was in the convention that framed the first Constitution of Kentucky, held many places of public trust, and was a member of the legislature several times. The first court held in Bracken County consisted of the following officers and all were sons-in-law of Captain Buckner: John Blanchard, Judge; Willis Hoard, county clerk; John Pickett, county attorney, and Dickerson Morris, Sheriff.