John Fitch Chapter
Pamela Joy Stopher, Regent
Lyda Pettit Parker Moore, Vice Regent
Margie Bardford, Chaplain
Mary Louise Florence, Recording Secretary
Patricia Hart, Treasurer
Mary Margaret Hardin, Registrar
Peggy Horton, Historian
Bonnie June Love Downs, Librarian
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
HISTORY OF THE CHAPTER
The John Fitch Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution was named for inventor John Fitch, the most prominent scientist of early Bardstown. He came to Bardstown in 1780 as a surveyor and here he spent the last days of his life. In 1927 the Congress of the United States made a belated public acknowledgement of the priority of Fitch's claim to the invention of the steamboat by erecting a $15,000.00 monument over his grave on Court Square in Bardstown.
Updated May 20, 2019
The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of the NSDAR. Hyperlinks to other sites
are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
This website is maintained by the Webmaster.